10 Summer Skincare Tips
We thought it'd never arrive, but summer is officially here! As we bust out the flip flops, cute 'suits, and muscle shirts, it's time to take a moment and reflect on the fact that summer has its own set of skincare rules we must follow, in order to keep our skin healthy, nourished, and of course burn-free!
1. Butt-ne happens. Swimsuits, sand, Lycra running shorts all contribute to bumps on the butt. CLEAR is a gentle, non-irritating quick fix. Apply in the evening.
2. Soothe sunburn. Despite our best efforts to be sun smart and wear proper protection, every now and then a little redness or sunburn creeps in. Treat it effectively in the evening after a shower with a layer of RESET topped with a layer of CTRL.
3. Wash off sunscreen. Fun in the sun is GREAT ... But ALWAYS wash your face after a day in the sun to prevent breakouts due to sunscreen! What does a clean face mean? It means it’s gently cleansed and all traces of dirt and grime from the day are gone, but the barrier function and essential oils on the face remain to protect it. The micro biome has not been destroyed.
4. Stay ageless. Stop premature aging and sun damage after a day in the sun by applying RESET every night.
5. Get a glow. If you want a glow, catch the rays before 9:00 AM for 10 minutes or so. Make sure not to burn or develop any redness.
6. Exfoliate. Summer leads to a thickened top layer of skin. Exfoliate twice a week at night with a thick layer of CLEAR for 10 minutes, and then apply a layer of CTRL over it for 10 minutes and wash off.
7. Hydrate inside and out. HYDRATE the skin in the morning, and drink water for the body all day! Tired of plain old water? Add cucumber, ginger, or fruit to add pizzazz to your water.
8. Get tinted. Need to wear make-up in the summer? Wait for our new tinted SPF. Coming soon.
9. Put your best face forward. Pop a little BOOST on before you go out for a glowing, plumped, hydrated look.
10. Prevent crows feet. Wear sunglasses daily to prevent squinting, and apply BLINK to your eye area nightly to prevent fine lines.
This summer is going to be different from all the others, but summer skincare protocol is still the same! Keep your skin extra cleansed, exfoliated, hydrated, nourished, and protected!