5 Foods for Healthy, Hydrated Skin
We all know how important it is to take special care of your skin by applying sunscreen and cleansing regularly, but what about what's on your plate? Your skin is what you eat, so let's talk about nourishing the skin from the inside out!
1. Watermelon. This juicy treat is mostly water, so chow down for some much-needed hydration. Watermelon also has plenty of Vitamin C, which aids in collagen production as well as anti-oxidants, which bust up nasty free-radicals from the sun.
2. Salmon. Known as a superfood, this popular seafood dish is brimming with Omega-3 fatty acids, which are excellent for collagen production and oil regulation.
3. Coconut Water. Put down that sugary juice drink! Coconut water is full of electrolytes, and it will hydrate your skin. Hydration is key!
4. Cucumbers. It's nice to lay cucumber slices over your eyes to soothe puffiness, but cucumbers are also a refreshing treat for your skin. Again, this green veggie has a super high water content, so you can feel good about replenishing your hydration levels. Super Hack: Freeze cucumber slices and add them to a glass of water - it works as a delicious, refreshing drink chiller!
5. Kiwi. This hairy (yet delicious) little guy is bursting with Vitamin C, which is your best defense against the sun's free radicals. Just like watermelon, the Vitamin C in kiwifruits will also aid in collagen production to help keep your skin looking its best.
Bon appétit, my friends!