5 Surprising Ingredients You Need in Your Skincare Routine
We like to talk a lot about ingredients you should never put on your skin (sulphates, parabens, phthalates, "fragrance," benzones) but what about what you should put on your skin? Not only is it important to know what chemicals harm your skin & body, but it is equally important to know what ingredients nourish and feed the skin, promoting a healthy, happy barrier. Look for these ingredients to incorporate into your new and improved skin care regimen:
1. Clay. Not only are clays great for masks, they are also great in cleansers. This is because clay serves two vital purposes: it gives and it takes away. Clay gives your skin moisture and micro-nutrients, while at the same time removing impurities, heat and other gunk from your face. This removal process caters to inflamed, irritated skin. Where to find it: Clay can be found in CLEAN, CTRL, and HYDRATE.
2. Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil. Oil, really?! People have been searching for oil-free products for years, especially people with oily skin. It's time to flip the script, my friend. Oil cleans oil in the most natural way. If you really want to bust up blackheads and thickened sebum on your face, oil is your new best friend. Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil mimics natural sebum and thus dissolves it completely, and its molecules are small enough that they will not clog your pores. This power-packed oil is also high in Omega 9 fatty acids which serve to deeply nourish the skin. Where to find it: Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil can be found in "THE OIL".
3. Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract. This fanciness is a specific type of mushroom derived from China. This is the natural version of hyaluronic acid and helps with hydration without causing blocked pores. This comes from a mushroom base and reinforces the essential fatty acids in the skin. This translates to hydrated plump skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. For young adults looking for an early anti-aging (or should we say, pre-aging) product, this is right up your alley. Where to find it: Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract can be found in HYDRATE and RESET.
4. Rosa Canina Fruit Extract. This wild rose (also known as dog-rose) contains large amounts of Vitamin C, serving as an anti-oxidant. It is also a polyphenol, which is a natural anti-oxidant in its own right. Also anti-inflammatory in nature, this extract is soothing to the skin. Where to find it: Rosa Canina Fruit Extract can be found in CLEAR and RESET.
5. Retinol. Retinol is a form of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is beneficial because it acts as a hormone on the skin's surface. It normalizes DNA, regulates cellular turnover, increases collagen production, decreases hyperpigmentation, and regulates the sebaceous gland. These benefits are so crucial to maintaining a healthy, clear skin-tone. Where to find it: Retinol can be found in RESET.
When searching for new skin care products, it is so important to read labels. Not only should you look for ingredients to avoid, you should also look for ingredients that you want. Some of the healthiest ingredients might come as a surprise to you, but give them a try. Proper skin care is a lifelong journey ... maybe it's time to head down a new path.